Spotting a creepy crawler in your home or business is likely to trigger a call to your local pest control provider. Few of us can tolerate the thought of rodents, spiders, or insects sharing our space. On the other hand, it’s easy to get complacent if your place is pest-free. But even if you don’t have a problem now, you’re vulnerable to infestations. Find out how to keep pests away for good with preventative pest control.
Pests Can Get Nearly Anywhere
As providers of pest control in northern California, we’ve helped many people who never expected to need our services. But roaches, ants, rodents, spiders and other invaders can affect any household or business. From gaps around leaky pipes to cracks in foundations, these pests manage to make their way into the cleanest, best-maintained homes and buildings.
Why You Need Preventative Pest Control
We offer environmentally conscious and effective pest control in northern California. But while most people think of pest control as an emergency measure, preventing the problem in the first place is a better option. Leaving your pest problem in the hands of a professional reduces your exposure to these and other hazards:
- hantavirus and leptospirosis from rodent feces and urine
- bites and stings due to improper handling of insects or rodents
- food poisoning and respiratory problems from cockroach droppings, saliva and body parts
A year-round pest management plan dramatically reduces the odds of pest exposure risks.
How to Keep Pests Away
While no strategy is 100-percent foolproof, taking the right precautions lowers the likelihood of infestations and prevents damage. The following preventative pest control tips apply to many types of insects, spiders, and rodents:
- Repair leaky pipes right away.
- Put pet food away after mealtime.
- Clean up crumbs and spills immediately.
- Ensure that trash cans are tightly sealed.
- Replace ill-fitting screens, and patch holes.
- Store food in airtight containers or the refrigerator.
- Look for gaps, cracks, and holes around the perimeter of your home.
- Trim tree branches, shrubbery, and other vegetation away from the house.
These precautions make your home less attractive to pests and much harder for them to get inside.
Contact Advanced IPM for Preventative Pest Control
If these preventative pest control measures fail, you’ll need professional treatments. We at Advanced IPM provide environmentally conscious and dependable pest control in northern California to homes and businesses. While knowing how to keep pests away should serve you well, we’re here when you need us. Contact us to learn more.